Make Your Own Healthy Yogurt
5 June 2017
Recipe: DIY Probiotic Yogurt
Takes about 16 - 20 hours for yogurt to set. Extend by 3 – 4 hours to achieve yogurt that is more acidic and lower in lactose, if preferred.
1 litre milk — Pasteurized whole/ low-fat fresh milk (alternative: UHT whole/ low-fat can also be used)
1 sachet GNC Probiotic Complex 25 Billion Powder
NOTE: Amount of milk can be reduced to fit into size of the incubation tank. Probiotic Complex Powder quantity remains the same.
Equipment – all to be kept clean
Incubation tank, i.e. thermal-pot (to contain all the glass jars).
1 Pot with a lid (to heat up the milk)
1 Food/beverage thermometer to test milk & water bath temperature
Clean & dry glass jars (with lids) for holding 1 litre liquid (total volume of the jars)
NOTE: Yogurt maker, in place of thermal-pot, provides ease of incubation temperature maintenance
- 1. Heat milk in the pot till 85 - 90 °C, over low to medium heat. Whisk gently as it heats to prevent scorching the milk.
- 2. Let the milk cool to 40 - 42 °C, with lid covered. Quicken cooling in an ice water bath and gently whisking the milk. If milk skin forms, pull it out.
- 3. When milk is ready, pour in the sachet of GNC Probiotics Complex Powder and whisk well to incorporate the probiotics into the milk.
- 4. Transfer the probiotic milk into the clean glass jars and cover with lids.
- 5. Fill the thermal-pot with some water & heat to about 42 °C. This serves as warm bath for yogurt incubation.
- 6. Transfer the jars of probiotic milk into the warm bath. Level of water is best about ¾ of the jar. Close the thermal-pot lid/s for incubation. Avoid jostling or stirring the yogurt until it has fully set.
- 7. When the yogurt has set, you will see clear liquid on the surface, this is whey which is a superior protein and can be left in for great nutritional value. Remove from the bath & refrigerate. Yogurt should remain good in the refrigerator for about 10 days.
- 8. Refrigerate the yogurt for pleasant consumption. Yogurt should remain good in the refrigerator for about 10 days.
- 9. For another batch of probiotic yogurt, it is best to make it from scratch with a fresh sachet of GNC Probiotic Complex Powder to achieve yogurt of optimal probiotic profile.
After about 8-10 (of the total 16 – 24) hours into incubation duration, remove jars of probiotic milk from thermal-pot and re-heat the warm bath to 42 °C. Repeat step 6 to complete the incubation.
If yogurt maker is used, replace steps 5 – 6 with the equipment’s instructions. Incubation duration varies amongst yogurt makers.
If you need additional information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Usual S$139.95Buy 2 Get 1 Free
Usual S$124.50Buy 2 Get 1 Free
Usual S$62.50Buy 2 Get 1 Free
Usual S$69.95Buy 2 Get 1 Free
Usual S$99.95Buy 2 Get 1 Free
Usual S$79.95Buy 2 Get 1 Free
Usual S$93.50Buy 2 Get 1 Free
Usual S$105.50Buy 2 Get 1 Free
Usual S$107.50Buy 2 Get 1 Free
Usual S$34.95 | VIP S$28.00 | Become a VIP20% off
Out of stock